· Liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals and community.
· Identification of health condition that may create a barrier to educational progress.
· Emergency plan development to manage emergent events in the school setting (i.e.diabetes, asthma, seizures, nut allergy).
· Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in the identification, evaluation and placement of students into special education programs.
· Participates in the development of health-related policies and procedures in compliance with state mandates.
· Vision screening/referral
· Hearing screening/referral
· Illinois State Board of Education mandatory reporting of immunization compliance.
· Communicable disease reporting to IDPH.
· School environment safety monitoring (playgrounds, potential hazards.)
· Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates.